We’re pleased to announce Barry K Worthington will join the HERWorld 17 stage on March 8 2017.
Barry K. Worthington is the Executive Director of the United States Energy Association (USEA), the U.S Member Committee of the World Energy Council. USEA also serves as a bipartisan advisory organization that represents 150 members across the U.S. energy sector, from the largest Fortune 500 companies to small energy consulting firms.
In his role, Mr. Worthington represents the broad interests of the U.S. energy industry and meets with domestic and international energy leaders to advance information and unearth partnerships to develop energy infrastructure projects across the world.
USEA’s team of international energy specialists work with the U.S. federal government, energy companies and energy ministers to build out energy infrastructure in developing countries.
Mr. Worthington and his team have developed thousands of energy projects globally, from geothermal drilling operations in sub Saharan Africa to smart grid electricity projects in central Europe.
Mr. Worthington chairs the Clean Electricity Production working group within the UNECE Committee on Sustainable Energy. At a recent meeting in Geneva, Switzerland, he discussed how to advance carbon capture and sequestration demonstration plants as a means to help immediately reduce carbon emissions from power plants.
Mr. Worthington has served as Executive Director of USEA since September 1988. Before that, he was Vice President of the Thomas Alva Edison Foundation; prior to that he served in several capacities with Houston Lighting & Power, now known as CenterPoint Energy.
Mr. Worthington holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Man & Environmental Relations from the Pennsylvania State University and a Master of Science degree from the Studies of the Future program from the University of Houston.
Mr. Worthington writes and speaks extensively on energy and environmental matters and he sits on a number of energy boards, including:
- Chairman of the Board for the National Energy Foundation
- Member of the Board of Directors for the Energy Law Foundation
- Chairman of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe’s Group of Experts on Cleaner Electricity Production
- Member on UNECE Committee on Sustainable Energy
- Member, SpaceCom Advisory Board and Energy Industry Liaison to SpaceCom Program Planning Committee
- Former Member, Columbia University Global Roundtable on Climate Change
- Former Member, Sub-Sahara Africa Advisory Committee, US Export-Import Bank
- Former Member, Science and Technology Capability of the US Agency for International Development (USAID) Study, National Research Council
- Former Member, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Administrators Technology & Policy Advisory Committee