BACKGROUND: Over the past year, the industry has shed hundreds of thousands of jobs, oil has hit a $26.00 low, we’ve walked out hundreds of years of knowledge and we are reeling from ongoing bankruptcies. The ghosts of the 1980s energy ice age haunt the four walls of every company across the supply chain. How will we cope? What will we do? Is now the time to work together to address the gap?
In January 2016 at the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos, 22 energy CEOs signed a Call to Action to close the gender gap in Oil & Gas. We believe this Call to Action is a unique opportunity for women in industry to shape and influence a meaningful and impactful response. Participants will receive a light pre-read and short survey to help guide the energy of this session.
Join Pink Petro and GE for this ½ day working forum that will create a response and plan to the guiding principles within the WEF Call to Action.
WHAT: HERWorld™ Connect builds upon the success of the HERWorld Energy Forum which broadcast to 5000+ industry professionals worldwide in March 2016. Using social technology, Pink Petro is creating connectivity and collaborative efforts to bring together a diverse and inclusive community of industry decision makers, emerging leaders, and affinity network leaders to solve the energy talent and business challenges of tomorrow.
HOW: HERWorld™ Connect creates a diverse forum where energy professionals connect, develop and grow strategies and tactics for addressing the 2021 energy workforce challenges. As a result of the day, decision makers from operators, independents, supply organizations and professional societies will form a response to the 2016 World Economic Forum Call to Action.
- Registration, Lunch (11:00 AM)
- Welcome (11:30 AM)
- Angela Knight, Global Diversity & Inclusion Leader, GE Oil & Gas
- Maria Borras, Chief Commercial Officer, GE Oil & Gas
- Katie Mehnert, Chief Executive Officer, Pink Petro
- Rebecca Ponton, Author, Breaking the Gas Ceiling
- Facilitator: Heather Holland, Managing Principal, Holland Energy Consulting
- Breakout Discussions (12:00)
- Sharing Outcomes – Common Challenges, Barriers, Issues and Next Steps
- Break (1:30)
- Finalize Outcomes (2:00)
- Final Report Out (3:00) Sharing Outcomes | Next Steps
- Offsite optional reception at Seasons 52, City Center (nearby) (4:00 PM) +